There’s so much more to sandwiches than a few ingredients between two slices of bread. The Junction’s Wicked Sammich makes going out for a sandwich like you’d go out for sushi or pizza – an absolute must!
This west end spot offers up an array of imaginative and decadent sammies that are inspired in taste by Portuguese cuisine, and in name by New England - an ode to owner’s Diane Ferreira’s upbringing in a predominately Portuguese neighbourhood of Massachusetts.
These are no regular PB&J’s – the Paul Revere sandwich contains fries (as many of their sammies do), steak, and a sunny-side-up egg on a kaiser roll. Spice lovers can try the Choureez 'n Chips with spicy chorizo, or get festive with the Thankful Pilgrim, featuring turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, lettuce, and of course, drizzled with gravy. With only 18 seats, you may have to grab the sandwich to go!
Make your own loaded sandwich with my zesty sandwich recipe:
Panko-Crusted Chicken Sandwich with Sriracha Coleslaw
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (pounded)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp 2% milk
½ cup panko or breadcrumbs
2 cups packaged coleslaw
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp light sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
½ tsp Sriracha or hot sauce
¼ cup light mayonnaise
½ tsp Sriracha
4 sandwich buns
4 slices field tomatoes
1. Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken. In a dish, mix egg and milk and dip chicken to coat. Dip in panko crumbs.
2. In a large hot skillet, sprayed with vegetable oil, sauté chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
3. To make slaw: In a bowl, combine slaw mixture, 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper and ½ tsp Sriracha.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining mayonnaise and ½ tsp Sriracha. Spread this over 4 bottom of buns.
5. Place tomato slice over top on bottom buns, add chicken and divide slaw on top.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Nutritional Information per Serving
Saturated Fat 2.7g